Who We Are
Our Work Describes Us
- Relationships. If we suffer from any form of pride, it is our 22 year record of building lasting relationships with our clients. Our clients are peers and colleagues; we count most of them as friends. If this means something to you, you have come to the right place.
- Risk Mitigation. Clients come to us for many reasons. Proven, year on year risk mitigation is one of two major reasons they keep coming back.
- Return On Investment. High return on investment is the second reason why InterEd's clients look to us for guidance. How high? It depends on the service but from 25:1 to 100:1 describes the low end of our services. Many services, such as Program Feasibility Research, can be much higher.
- Sharing. We encourage you to arrange a time to talk. Whatever we know at that time we will gladly share with you. Sometimes that is enough to set you on a course of action. Fees enter into the picture only when we do specific research or development for you. Clients call us whenever they want to test a new idea. We like that.
- Depth. You may have seen the websites of firms seeking to give you quantitative guidance while claiming that they have 300 years of experience in the field. (Hmmm.) As presently constructed, we have been doing what we do every week for more than 22 years. Prior to that, we were engaged in meeting the same goals since 1983. Same people. Concretely provable achievements. No odd statistics.
- Skin in the Game. Not sure we can meet the goals we agree to? We are happy to contract for a portion of the results rather than a flat fee.
- No Mass Templates. You get individualized guidance based on long-term personal experience. You do not get playbooks developed by someone who observed and recorded the behavior of others. You do not get low-validity mass-customized templates applied to everyone with minor changes. InterEd's research and guidance is developed exclusively for you, in your culture and market, and for your eyes only.
- Enjoyable to Work With. We work in ways that are congruent with your institutional culture and managerial resources. We look forward to our conversations with each other. So will you.
- Independent & Objective. Our guidance represents our best research and analysis in your interest, not ours. We accept no considerations of any kind from vendors whom we might recommend to help you achieve your goals. Since back-end deals are common, we think this should be transparent when considering consultants and vendors.
- No Hedging. You get clear guidance without hedging or rhetorical or numerical bloat designed to avoid being responsible for concrete advice. We work with you to make things happen.
If you need to grow, improve quality, manage with greater precision, or redesign your programs, we will get you where you want to be and take responsibility for it. We will help you meet your growth, quality management, and innovation goals efficiently and in a way that leaves you well positioned for the future.
Among leaders and senior decision-makers in higher education, we accept clients:
- For whom we can offer a distinctive advantage.
- Who meet our tests of readiness to benefit.
"Having a relationship with InterEd is like having my own dedicated research department staffed with the expert's experts. The way we work together, they might as well office down the hall."
We have clients for whom we are providing hands-on guidance in enrollment management, retention management, new program development, executive coaching, vision and goal setting, program and market determination, infrastructure and systems development, role and proficiency models, developing dashboards and reporting systems, vendor selection and management, service readiness, student and faculty surveys, and more. We also have clients who call us once a year for a single program feasibility study.
Three Things We Do Not Do . . .
- "Up-sell." It annoys us when people do that.
- Structure hidden fees. Half of the time, we will guarantee a flat fee. The other half of the time, we will guarantee a not-to-exceed fee. We beat our NTE fees roughly 50% of the time.
- Accept any engagement where we cannot see a clear path to achieving your goals.
Want to Talk?
Call us at 800-516-9571.
Alternately, complete our short contact form and we'll get back to you.
If not, take your time and learn more about us: