Letter summarizing suggestions by a group of financial aid experts on ways to reduce the cost of the program while improving the program's progress towards its main objectives. The group made five short-term recommendations:
1. Define full-time enrollment to correspond to on-time completion.
2. Limit years of eligibility.
3. Provide greater distinction in award amounts among those students currently designated to automatically receive the maximum Pell award.
4. Alter the Pell eligibility formula without making the aid process more complicated for students.
5. Refine eligibility requirements.