Private Sector Regulation
Introduction Full Text
This space is a historical repository for facts, purported facts yet to be validated, data (raw and aggregated), position statements, and other information pertinent to the Department of Education's proposed regulatory changes.
Documents posted here focus on the issues raised by the negotiated rule making regarding incentive compensation for enrollment workers, and the gainful employment provisions in the Title IV eligibility regulations.
This space is provided for the use of all parties. We hope it will contribute to a rational resolution of the issues. Please feel free to download as many materials as you wish and, please, submit any and all documents you believe should be posted for the benefit of others. If you see a document that needs a citation and you can provide it, please send us an email using the address below.
The documents you post do not need to support any particular perspective. This posting board is open to all perspectives.
Please Submit Information
Please send an email to 'regulation' AT 'InterEd. com' (create the real email address from this information) if you have documents (reports, statistical tables, articles, or other pertinent information) to add to this site. Include your document as an attachment, and specify in which of the categories below the document belongs and include a one-line objective description of the material you wish to publish.
Format for Materials Submitted
Please send material in its current format (DOC, PDF, XLS, DBF, or any other standard format). InterEd will post most material in PDF format and will make various databases available in whatever format we determine to be the most useful. Of course, you can always request a copy of any posting in its original format by sending us an email.
Check Back Daily
Several new documents are posted in the typical day. Needed are additional datasets (raw or aggregated) from the Department and other sources.
- In a hurry? Read this small group of documents to get a quick understanding of the major issues and arguments.
- You can review documents related to the proposed gainful employment regulations.
- You can review documents related to the GAO reports and revisions.
- You can browse or search the entire document collection.
- You can review documents related to the APSCU lawsuit against the Department of Education.
Entries by Category
- 01 Proposed Federal Rules & Regulations (31)
- 02 Official Responses to Proposed Rules (42)
- 03 Other Industry Responses to Proposed Rules (59)
- 04 Regulatory Action (45)
- 05 Letters from Members of Congress (27)
- 06 Reports & Analyses (221)
- 07 Media Coverage (327)
- 08 Senate Committee Hearings (33)
- 09 House Committee Hearings (6)
- 10 Legal Actions (52)
- 11 Additional Web Resources (23)
- 12 Private Sector Innovation (2)
- 13 Cost & Debt (3)